Registration / Dispensation for the British Championships 2017
As we approach the final round of the South West Series, attention turns to the 2017 British Championships, for many the highlight of the BMX Calendar.
Qualification criteria is as follows:
- All South West riders, with the exception of those who hold a UCI Elite or Junior licence, or Championship women who have UCI points, are required to qualify through the South West Regional series.
- All expert category riders must compete in five regional events in their main class (20” or Cruiser) within the same BMX region and three regional events in their second class (20” or Cruiser). Current ODP and Talent Team riders have the option of completing their five events in more than one region.
- The British Championships are Club/Region based events and as such the competitors must be members of BC affiliated clubs in the BMX region they have qualified through.
- No rider will be included in the British Championship rider registration unless they have qualified and have been approved by their regional registration officials.
To register for the British Championships please follow the link below (please be sure to register in the link for the South West Region):
- British Championships 2017 – South West Region
- Entries are only accepted online via the British Cycling Website. Please note that there is no registration on the day of the event.
- Online entry closes at 23:55 on Sunday 20th August 2017
- All riders must wear a South West jersey for racing.
- All entered riders will receive a race plate set (number plate and side plate) with their 2017 Regional Ranking. This number plate must be used for racing at the British Championships. For those riders that rode at the 2016 British Championships a replacement sticker will be provided for use on the Maikun plate that was given out last year. A side plate will be issued alongside the race sticker. A £10 fee will be charged to any riders that need replacement number plates.
For those riders seeking dispensation to compete at the British Championships, the following applies:
- Dispensation requests should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13th August 2017.
- A fee of £20 will be charged to all riders who successfully apply for dispensation. This will be payable by bank transfer once the application has been accepted.
Dispensation may be given for:
- Injury or illness with supporting evidence from a GP or specialist. The period of injury or illness must clearly state that it covers a set period of time between April and August of the current year. The period of injury will allow dispensation for each regional event held within that time. Only applications with medical proof should be submitted.
- Competing overseas in UCI / UEC BMX events held on the same day as a regional event or on an adjoining weekend if competing at the UCI BMX World Championships.
- A current and valid British passport holder based abroad during the months of April through to the end of August. If the period is not exclusive to the regional season, then available events must be attended.