HSBC UK British Championships 2018
This year the Brits will be held in Blackpool over the weekend of 15th / 16th September in what promises to be a grand finale for the season. For all South West riders interested in competing at the Brits please be mindful of the qualification criteria that you will need to meet in order to be able to race.
- All riders based in the South West, with the exception of those who have competed internationally in a championship class (Junior and Elite) within the same calendar year as the British Championships, are required to qualify through the South West BMX Regional Series 2018.
- All expert category riders must compete in five regional events in their primary class (20” or Cruiser) within the South West region and three regional events in their secondary class.
- Current ODP and Talent Team riders have the option of completing their five events in their primary class or three events in their secondary class in more than one region.
- The British Championships are club and region based event, and all competitors must be members of BC affiliated clubs in the BMX region they have qualified through.
- Dispensation requests should go direct to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2018. Dispensation may be given for the following reasons:
- Injury or illness with supporting evidence from a GP or specialist. The period of injury or illness must clearly state that it covers a set period of time between April and August of the current year. The period of injury will allow dispensation for each regional event held within that time. Only applications with medical proof should be submitted.
- Competing overseas in UCI / UEC BMX events held on the same day as a regional event or on an adjoining weekend if competing at the UCI BMX World Championships. (A maximum of one event)
- A current and valid British passport holder, who would normally reside in the UK, but based abroad during the months of April through to the end of August. If the period is not exclusive to the regional season, then available events must be attended. A payment of £10 per missed event up to a maximum of £50 must be sent to email@example.com at the time of application. Dispensation requests must be made by April of the current season or as soon as the period based abroad begins.
- No South West rider shall be included in the British Championship rider registration unless they have qualified and been approved by the SWBMXA.