Code of Conduct
As a volunteer organisation that is dedicated to promoting the sport of BMX racing, we encourage good behaviour and sporting respect from all riders, parents and supporters at all times. The SWBMXA reserve the right to withdraw a rider from the event if the rider, parent or associate is found to have behaved in contravention of the following code of conduct guidelines (This will also include notification to British Cycling of any incidents).
- All members, riders, parents and officials must conduct themselves in such a manner as to reflect the ideals of good sportsmanship.
- Express and accept each other’s views, opinions and decisions without contempt.
- Never bring him or herself or the sport of BMX racing into disrepute.
- All riders must observe these rules and follow all instructions given to them by any Commissaire or official at any time during the course of the event.
- Every rider must at all times observe such conduct as reflects the ideals of good sportsmanship and avoid any conduct which may bring their self or the sport of BMX into disrepute.
- The use of obscene or foul language is forbidden.
- Riders using such language will be penalized in a manner to be determined by the Commissaire or official at any time during the course of the event.
- A rider may receive an official, verbal warning for certain misconduct.
- The first warning issued to a rider at an event carries no specific penalty other than the advice of the warning.
- However, the issuance of a subsequent warning for the same, or any other offence on the same day will result in the riders disqualification from the event.
- Riders will be held accountable for the actions of their parents, team managers and any other persons in their company at a BMX competition or event.
- Any misconduct on the part of any of these persons may, at the discretion of a race Commissaire or race director result in the disqualification or suspension of the rider and the removal of the offending persons from the track area.