For 2019 we have a new development structure; cluster sessions have been replaced with what is now called the Development Centre session (DC). DC’s are the first step on the British Cycling talent pathway, more information on the progression pathways can be found on the British Cycling website, here. Development centres are an opportunity for the regional coaching team to assess rider skill sets, working on the core skills recognised by British Cycling to help riders in their progression through the pathways. Performance levels will be monitored against a set of criteria by the regional coaching staff and advice and guidance will be given to assist in progression. The best performing riders will be selected to progress into the RSR programme.
DC Qualifying age groups (based on 2018 regional results)
- 12-16 year old male & female riders qualified in top 8 regional positions
- Exceptional 11 year olds male & female qualified in top 2 regional positions
- All riders riding up into 13-16 years, who didn’t finish in the top eight
- 2 wild card entries, assessed by the regional coaching team
DC Pre assessment criteria
- Riders have transferred past moto stage at regional level
- Riders are competing at national level events or have intentions to progress to this level
- Riders are regularly attending club coaching sessions.
- Riders show a willingness to progress.
- Riders have a suitable level of enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Riders can change their own pedals (if required)
- Riders bring a kit bag with the required equipment needed for the session.
DC Riders Assessment Criteria
A full rider assessment criteria will be set following Development Centre 1 – We will gather data during this session that will inform the criteria for the following sessions. These will take shape in a set of flat skills that riders will need to achieve to progress past Development Centre 2. The following is a list of the type of flat skills we will be assessing:
- 50m Sprint
- Flat manual
- Pedal manual
- Bunny hop
The following track based skills will be required to progress past Development Centre 1. If you are unable to perform these skills consistently you will not progress to Development Centre 2
- Perform a full pump lap
- Perform a manual
- Jump a table top
SW Development Centre Pathway
Development Centre Registration
Entry is only available via the BC website – no payment on the day. Invitations will be sent out 2 weeks before the event via email.
Development Centre datesThere are no upcoming events at this time.
Development Centre Rider List
|Name||Age Group (2018)|
|Agnes Harrison||Female 13-14|
|Amelia Gratton||Female 11-12|
|Bethy Lawrence||Female 13-14|
|Betsy Bax||Male 13|
|Caitlin Ellis||Male 16|
|Callum Chard Maple||13|
|Charlotte Davis||Female 15-16|
|Darcy PAINE||Male 15|
|Emily Day||Female 15-16|
|Evie Webster||Female 11-12|
|Grace Spooner||Female 13-14|
|Jessica Muller||Female 13-14|
|Katie James||Female 11-12|
|Leah Chapple||Female 15-16|
|Lily Gullon||Female 13-14|
|Louise Beck||Female 13-14|
|Mia Farrow||Female 13-14|
|Miriam Peel||Male 16|
|Sara Peel||Female 13-14|
|Sienna Harvey||Female 11-12|
|Sophie Harris||Male 13|
|Summer Wills||Female 11-12|
|William LUDWELL||Cruiser 09-12|
|Dillon HANCOCK||Cruiser 13-14|